[femm] Re: output files

dcm3-@xxxxxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/femm/?start=9
> In a message dated 10/16/99 4:03:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> hm3724@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > I' m not able to find the method to print on the ...txt file using
> > cilindrical or cartersian coordinates the: field( B or H) and
relevant
> > coordinates ( in totale 3 colums : i.e. X, Y and Value of field).
> > Those data would need for a subsequent field harmonic analysis.
> > Is there any way to get it such file?
> > Let me know, thanks a lot for help
> >

> I have put up a slightly modified version of femmview that you can
use to do
> this. It's at:
>
> http://members.aol.com/gmagnetics/femmview_mod.zip
>
> Unzip this file and replace the femmview.exe in your femm\bin
directory with
> the executable from the zip file.
>
> This modified version of femmview just supports two more quantities
that you
> can plot along a defined contour:
> X-Y position of points on the defined contour;
> R-Theta position of points on the defined contour
>
> To accomplish what you are after, define your contour, save the field
> quantity that you want to one txt file, and save the X-Y locations of
the
> points in a second txt file. This isn't exactly the "three columns
in one
> file" that you asked about, but it ought to allow you to get all the
> information that you want out of the program.
>
> Dave
> --
> http://members.aol.com/dcm3c

Thanks a lot for the answer and the new version of FemView, I think the
new utility wil be appreciate from all users.
Working on it I' ve noticed that it would very useful have plot and
txt files expressed all in the same coordinate system. I mean, a large
number of application, in the magnetic field design, requieres, like
shown in the femmplot window, the knoledge in the cartesian or polar
system of both geometrical point coordinates and related fields ( flux
density ,field intensity) Bx,By, Hx,Hy or the polar ones. I think that
a development on this argument, in the next release of your code, shall
be surely appreciate. At the moment I wonder if a simple transformation
of i.e. Bn Bt data into Bx By is possible with enoutgh accuracy.
Thank in advance for yor attention and comments if any.
Bob