[femm] Re: View plots

Dave Squires wrote:

> Does anybody on this list know if there is a way
> to get .gif files generated from FEMMVIEW?
> I would like the ability to create archive views for
> web based posting and archiving. Right now the only
> method I can see is to plot to a laser printer and then
> take a picture with a digital camera then convert to
> .gif format after that. This would be a tedious process
> and not give original quality results.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Squires

There are several ways that you get .gif files of femmview output.

First, you could choose Edit | Copy off of the main menu of femmview. This
command copies everything that is being currently displayed to the clipboard
as a windows metafile. Then fire up Microsoft Paint (the paint program that
comes with windows). In Paint, choose Edit | Paste off of the main menu.
It will then render the metafile as a bitmap, which you can save, and
convert to gif or jpeg or whatever.

Instead of pasting into Paint, you could paste the metafile into Word. If
you then save your document as html, all of the graphics get saved as gif
files.

Lastly, you could use the brute-force method, which is screen capture.
Several freely available programs will do screen captures:
QV 2.5: ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/graphics/qv25.zip
Capture: ftp://users.aol.com/KISSSeries/capture.zip

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard