Modelling a magnetometer

Hello all;

I've just recently started using FEMM, and compared to the commercial
packages I've seen it holds up very well.

I would like to model a search coil magnetometer to check its
response to a given magnetic field. Specifically, I'm looking to
model the disturbance caused by a moving ferromagnetic object as it
moves through a field: I know the approximate magnitude of the flux
density this disturbance creates, I just need to check if my coil
design can pick it up. Would anyone be so kind as to walk me through
how I would go about doing this in FEMM?

Thanks in advance, and once again let me just say how much I
thoroughly enjoy using FEMM.

Chris