Re: FEMM 3.0 Beta Tested.

Dear Dave:

I have tested the FEMM 3.0 Beta and this is my opinion:

FEMM EDITOR:
EDIT
- CUT:
KO. Where are the PASTE option?
This CUT are equal to DELETE?
If this CUT are equal to DELETE, I think that the
label DELETE is more descriptive of its function.

- SCALE:
OK. Very well implemented.

- MIRROR:
OK. But it can be more ease to use if we can especificated
the points of the axis of symmetry clicking on the grid
points.

- COPY: NUMBER OF COPIES.
OK. Very useful for me. Thanks.

EDIT TOOLBAR:
OK. Very useful, but:
The Scissors icon for CUT-PASTE are correct, but can
induce to confusion if you use it for DELETE. My
suggestion is, use the drawing of an eraser.
For copy icon, can be more intuitive if you use the same
icon used for move but with the to rectangles with
continuous lines.
For mirror icon, can be more close to function if you
draw two white, black or blue triangles, but both in the
same colour, indicating symmetry.

OPERATION
- GROUP:
OK. Very useful.

- OPEN SELECTED:
How it works?
Do you have examples?

PROPERTIES
- CIRCUITS:
How it works?
Do you have examples?

PROPERTIES FOR SELECTED BLOCK
- LET TRIANGLE CHOOSE MESH SIZE.
OK. Very useful to reduce the number of nodes.

- MAGNETIZATION DIRECTION.
OK. More useful for me here. Thanks.

- THE ARROW OF MAGNETIZATION DIRECTION.
OK. Very useful for me. Thanks.

FEMM VIEWER
- DENSITY PLOT IN GRAYSCALE.
OK. This option reduce the memory needed?

New ideas to implement in FEMM:

- Strings to define groups, can be more intuitive than numbers.

- Copy to clipboard as BITMAP for FEMM VIEWER can useful for
reduce the memory needed for high resolution simulations
in wordprocessors.

- Click in a block or group to obtain the Magneto Motive Force
by Surface integration.

- Automatic block or group displacement for obtaining the answers
in different positions without handling hundreds of simulation
files.

Thank you for your answer in Magnet Models.
Congratulations for your job. Thank you very much.
If you think that I can help you to develop FEMM, please contact me.

Sebastia Jardi Estadella
mailto:sje@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.tinet.org/~sje/index_sp.htm