Re: [femm] femm 3.0 beta version available

Hi Dave,

thanks for the information.

>> to chose weather to keep or remove the original. Then mirroring in place
>> can be carried out.
>

>This would be easy enough to implement....

I thought so. Therefore I suggested it.

>To do this sort of thing (like a shorted turn), you define a "circuit" in
>which the total current is zero. You then apply this "circuit" property to
>all the parts of your shorted turn (or cage rotor or whatever). This forces

Great. That works. My mistake was to set zero voltage.

A difficulty is the rectangular selection tool. With that it is comparably
troublesome to select e.g. a rotor of an asynchronous motor with all its
slots but not any part of the stator. This is particularly hard if the
airgap is short. Maybe an optional circular selection tool can be
developed. Also a deselection possibility, e.g. by holding shift, would be
useful. When playing around with a not predefined geometry also the
possibility of moving parts per mouse may be useful.

Can the circuit property also be used to define the voltage of an exciter
coil which is aymmetrically placed so that it is unknown in the beginning
how the total voltage distributes on forward and backward pathes?

Now I think I also found a bug in the group copy tool. When I chose a
circle consiting of two 180deg arcs and copy it as a row, i.e. several
copies at once, I get the desired circles but in addition a row of anchor
points.

Greetings
Eckart