Re: [femm] Problem in force calculations

Hi,

integration contours on surfaces are likely to cause errors in force
computations. Furthermore take care that the contour is closed. Besides
moving the outer boundaries far enough away, I would suggest to set
zero A on them.

Another question is the approximation of the actual 3D situation by a 2D
problem. Is the geometry rotational symmetric? Or is the approximation
by an infinitesimal long geometry applicable?

In addition I think in this case you must take great care of dimensions,
permeability, saturation, magnetization, etc.. Just think about what happens
if the steel sheet is very thin or very thick. The behaviour would be
completely differnt.

Eckart