Contactless magnetic torsion transducer.

Dear members,

Who would like to study or simulate a contactless torsion transducer?

At work we are looking for such transducer, there is a smal market but there
are no producers. Long ago (1980) we made one ourselves with the first Intel
signal processor. It was used for studying torsion and metal fatigue during
a real short-circuit test in one of our powerplants in Belgium (300 MW)
Times are changed and we have no more time to develop such transducers
anymore. It could be a hint of a researcher looking for new ideas.

Principle: magnetic resistance is changed during torque on a 45 degrees
angle.
Test stand: Fixed tube with long bar to set a torque on the tube with a
diameter of 20 inch.
Our construction was a central winding generating a fluctuating magnetic
field. (~1kHz)
Four windings are placed at 45 degrees around the first and are so wired
they form a bridge and compensate an other.
When the magnetic resistance is changed by torque there is an inbalance and
the voltage on leaving the bridge is increasing in amplitude.
Difficulty: It is very sensitive to changing airgap due to vibration of the
turning axe.

Maybe it can help someone to do a study about this idea (for university or
to start a new business)
Little remark: others have done this also but for I now with older
technologies and using no simulators.

Wouter.