Re: [femm] b-h curve creation

In a message dated 6/18/00 3:05:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pdsherid@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When attempting to plot an user generated B-H curve, I received the
> following error message:
>
> "C:\Program Files\femm\examples\\Files\bin\femmplot.exe contains and
> invalid path"
>
> I am using Femm Editor Ver. 2.1a, Sept. 11, 1999. The program is
> installed on a mchine running Windows NT 4.0 S.P. 5 and 128 MB RAM.
> Any insight to this problem will be appreciated.

For some reason, this problem happens on certain installations of windows. I
don't what exactly the difference in configuration is that makes it crash on
some machines, while working fine on the majority of machines.

Anyhow, try reinstalling version 2.1a. This time, install it to a directory
without spaces in the path name (_not_ the default "c:\Program Files\femm").
Install to c:\femm or something instead.

This problem is mostly fixed in the version 3 beta. The problem arises
because I start some of the other modules (like fkern, femmplot, etc.), using
a call to _spawnlp instead of to CreateProcess. For some reason, _spawnlp
can sometimes give unstable results. Anyhow, I looked at the v3 beta source,
and I changed all instances where _spawnlp was used except the one that calls
femmplot to view B-H curves. Oops. I'll make sure to fix this one, too.

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c