RE: [femm] Linear induction motors

Hello,

my name is Gabriele and I'm a student in electrical engineering at the Politecnico of Turin. Well, I've used FEMM to study electromagnets and I've hadthe same problem. I solved it by adding a point at the end of the magneticcaracteristic with a slope equal to the air permeability. Perhaps when youattempt to solve your problem, you find a magnetomotive force that is greater than the greatest value in your magnetic characteristic, so FEMM calculates the induction value by appling the slope of the last two points of your table.

I hope I've helped you.

Bye.