creating a line for x-y plot of |B|

David, thank you for advice and example on how to creat a permamnent
magnet material in the database. I now seem to have got the hang of
FEMM and like it very much.

however there are a few niggly points which I would like to comment
on, maybe I am doing something wrong.

1. The models I have been using are imported DXFs, this seems to be
OK. However if I wish to add some points to the model in the FEMM
editor in precise positions I am having trouble. firstly I create a
point roughly where I want it to go, then I select it and press <TAB>
which shows me the co-ordinates. I then change these to the cor-
ordinates I need (accurate to 0.01 of a mm), and a new point is
created (why?). If I then select this and press <TAB> to view the co-
ordinates of the new point they appear to be different to what I have
just entered ?

2. When viewing the XY plot in the post processor it would be nice to
have a cursor option in order to inspect absolute value along the
line.

3. Also it would be nice to be able to plot two XY plots on the same
curve from 2 seperately defined line positions (so you can compare
how the flux density varies through a gap)

I know I can't expect something as comprehensive as MAXWELL, but to
be honest FEMM is far nicer to use !

Regards

Jon