Area plots of Bt and Bn

I am using FEMM to evaluate magnetic designs of planar magnetron
sputtering sources and I have a particular interest in the tangential
and normal components of the magnetic field. The color plot of the
total magnetic field is useful to look at but I am wondering if you
might consider adding an enhancement that would provide a similar
display of Bt or Bn with respect to the horizontal (or a user defined
line). Presently I am making these area plots by exporting text
files of Bt or Bn plots along a series of incrementally spaced
horizontal lines into Excel and manipulating the data there. This
can be rather time consuming when I have a lot of models to
evaluate. As an alternative is there any way I can export a grid or
matrix of the B vector values (x, y, strength and direction) into
Excel so that I can parse out the Bt and Bn?

If such an enhancement is not being considered I might be tempted to
modify the code (if that is allowed) in FEMM. My practical
programming experience is rather limited but I might be able to learn
it or recruit someone who has sufficient experince and knowledge.

As an additional comment I am finding the results from FEMM match
very closely with actual conditions when I build the device and
measure the fields.