Re: [femm] Eddy currents and Back EMF in FEMM

In a message dated 9/14/00 11:52:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
machmad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I like to know how do you take into account eddy currents and back emf in
> femm or is this something that is out of context of the program. I am
> interested in applying it to the moving core magnetic circuit. Any sample
> program file would help.

The problem can handle fixed configurations with sinusoidally varying
currents, but not motion. For problems with motion, I have used femm to
derive parameters which then can be included an a lumped-parameter transient
model that includes motion.

> Also is there a new release of FEMM?

I am putting up beta versions in the files section of egroups:
http://www.egroups.com/files/femm/

I'm hoping to release a version 3 sometime soon, but I've been distracted
with other stuff lately and haven't finished it up yet.

http://members.aol.com/dcm3c