Re: [femm] Re: Calculating skin effect using FEMM?

k.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Long time no e-mail but I have been using FEMM a lot lately and
> recommending it to everyone!
>
> Anyway, I'm a little confused about a bit of one of your replies,
> maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but you said
>
> The multiple bars per phase illustrates an interesting feature of
> the "circuit" properties--if you label multiple blocks with the same
> circuit, it assumes that all blocks are driven in series, and that
> the _total_ current in _all_ blocks that are defined with a
> particular circuit property adds up to meet the constraint. If you
> examine the two bars composing each phase, you will find that each
> bar carries a slightly different current, but the total current adds
> up to be the desired phase current.
>
> If the blocks are driven IN SERIES then shouldn't they carry the same
> current or if they add up to the right total current then aren't they
> in parallel?
>
> Keith.

Whoops--thanks for catching this. I meant to say "in parallel". When
you apply the same "circuit" property to multiple blocks, it connects all
of the block in parallel.

Thanks again for pointing this out. Perhaps I should read what I type
before I hit "send"...

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard