From: McGee
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:20 PM
Subject: RE: [femm] Hysteresis

David

Using the approximate approach for modeling hysteresis that you have implemented in your model has worked for me in the past as a "history matching" parameter.  As a predictive tool an approach using Preisach's Theory might be useful.  I would like to take a stab at implementing hysteresis into your code.  It would be tremendously beneficial to me (hysteresis losses in steel pipes) and I am sure others might find it useful.  Have you looked at Preisach's Theory.  I know several researchers have implemented this approach into FEM code, however I do not know the success of this approach.  I used a time stepping approach around the BH loop as H varied with time; in FDTD this was a very direct approach.  Any suggestions.

Bruce