Re: [femm] Total current in a high energy disharge.

fucian@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, Im new to this stuff and cant download right now.Can anyone tell
me how to find amperage when inductance and capacitance and volts are
know?Let me tell you what Ive got.I have a flat solenoid of 7uH and a
7000uF 450 volt cap.I need to know how much current the solenoid will
pull and how fast the current rise is so I can get a proper SCR for
it.Can anyone help me?Oh yea, this is a non-repetitive
application.Just a charge up...Fire type.
Hmm--It's strange for me to be the voice of reason, but if you can't analyze an LCR circuit, you have no business messing around with one at this sort of power level.  Well, even if you can analyze an LCR circuit, you have no business messing around with one at this sort of power level unless you have been trained by a professional.  It's easy to get yourself injured or dead if you don't know what you're doing (e.g. electrocution, exploding capacitors, "splash", etc).

"Don't try this at home, kids!"

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard