Solenoid Design Handbook - A Moron's Guide, Please Help

Hey Gang,

I’m looking for a solenoid actuator design book.  I’ve made an extensive search and always end up w/ the typical “E-Mag Fields Theory” books.  These books typically contain a ‘snipit’ of solenoid application in the form of an impractical textbook problem or no mention at all.  I’m looking for the concise moron’s guide.  Any thoughts?  How do commercial companies train their junior engineers?

Thanks Group!  And thank you David…I really appreciate what you’ve done and your work in this group.

Jay D. Greener