Re: [femm] PMsquare dead end...

Stefan,
The trick is to use more than one magnetic
circuit acting at once. Think parallel magnetic
circuits and then also use the fact that force
is inversely proportional to gap spacing (distance).
Increase the gap on the exit half in the direction
of motion by using a notch. This way you can
create a force asymmetry. You need the force
patterns spaced apart and overlapped such that
the positive is enhanced and the negative partially
cancelled. Then you can get somewhere.
Otherwise you will see the usual integration of zero
net force.

Dave Squires