From: corneliuspaul@xxxxxx [mailto:corneliuspaul@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 5:08 AM
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [femm] Re: Crosstalk mode? / --> transformer calculation
summary

SE-HO YOU wrote:
>Has anyone tried to cross talk model with FEMM ? For example, If I have

>two or more rectangular conductors (only one conductor has a source),
>then can I get inductance or current from the quite (or victim) line ?
>As some texts put it, can I be able to calculte capcitance or
>inductance coulping coefficients?

hello everyone,

as is evident from my former posts to the group I am also in the process
of learning how to use FEMM for transformer calculations. This includes
the calculations of self inductances, mutual inductances, leakage
inductances, core flux and induction values (saturation problems).
Thanks to discussions mainly with Dave and Keith I am beginning to see
things a bit more clearly and am in the process of writing a little
"TRANSFORMER TUTORIAL" for myself, which will be a collection of the
various methods for calculating these parameters. to be used as a quick
lookup reference. And I hope it will not be full of errors... :-)

I should have this tutorial finished in the next weeks (...other work to
be done as well...). Anybody interested in this summary please drop me
an email and I will mail it to you when I am finished.

SE-HO: I think what you call cross-talk is what I call mutual
(inductance)
so it will be covered in the summary. However, the general
process
is that you have to calculate the coupling coefficient (can be
done
with FEMM), then calculate the induced current in the second coil

by hand. It can not be done automatically in a 2D model. For a
final
picture of the fields emanating from the 2 coils you have to put
a current source on either coil, using the values you calculated
by hand.

RUKMAL: sri I did not come back to your last post, too busy but havent
forgotten

a nice weekend to everyone, regards,
Cornelius

--
GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet. http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/