Latest FEMM

Dave and Robin,

I have just fetched the latest version of FEMM. I like the marked origin and I think I will really appreciate the addition of preferences, but have you removed the facility to set the flux density mapping colours?

I have been finally been using the LUA scripting facility and like it a lot, however, it would be extremely useful to have a command to edit circuit data so that I can change winding currents. I have not found a way of doing this with the current command set.

I've not found any bugs as yet although it has failed to converge on a problem that the old version coped with, this may be my fault though, I'll let you know if I can make it happen again.

There are a few typos in the manual, such as:

Page 43
createmesh should be create_mesh (missing underscore)
Copy_rotate should be copy_rotate (upper-case C should be lower case)

Page 46
Lineintegral should be lineintegral (upper-case L should be lower-case)
Blockintegral should be blockintegral (upper-case B should be lower-case)

Page 49
Addcontour should be addcontour (upper-case A should be lower-case)
Clearcontour should be clearcontour (upper-case C should be lower-case)

These are the ones I have used and know generate an error, I presume that none of the LUA commands should begin with a capital letter.

As usual FEMM just gets better!

Keith.