Re: [femm] LUA scripting, fantastic !!

jim271@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I want to say "thank you very much" to Robin and Dave for adding the
> capability for LUA scripting to FEMM. This makes a great program
> even better.
>
> I wonder if more examples can be posted? There seems to be a lot of
> power in LUA. I worked out a few tricks from the documentation, but
> I'm sure there are a whole lot more things that people will be
> finding useful. It would be nice to have a way to pass them on to the
> group, either by posting scripts here or in a special forum. Maybe
> there is a such a forum already, in which case I would like to get
> the address.

There is a mailing list specifically for Lua. Details about it are at:
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/lua-l.html

I've also created a folder in the "files" section where people can put
example lua scripts:
Unless the volume of mail about example scripts becomes really large, there's
probably no need for an additional special forum just for scripting--the
regular femm mailing list is ok.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard