Three phase induction motors

Hello

We are joining a group of people that are working with
FEMM. We simulations on three phase induction motors.
The first results are quite acceptable according to
the analitical theory. But we have found some problems
to define the current. Is the input value the average
(RMS) or the peak value of the current?.

If we define a closed rotor slot. It becomes saturated
very soon in the interface between the slot and the
airgap. Do we have to change the material properties
in this area?

For the magnetostatic calculation the stator current
introduced is the magnetising current and not the load
current which is three time higher.

Do you have any comments to our problem definition?
They will be wellcome.

Albert Pérez albertoperarnau@xxxxxxxx
Emili Valero emilivalero@xxxxxxxxxxx
Atanasi Jornet jornet@xxxxxxxxx