features

I would like to thank Dave M and all members for 3.1 femm version with
Lua extension.
I see some improvements that can be implemented in the new version, such
as:
1.	When Lua script is running in the preprocessor it does not
refresh the screen. This includes the new_document() global function,
too. What I would like to see is to have the ability to adjust the femme
window on the left side of the monitor screen to see the current
geometry setting that the preprocessor is solving and the right side
could be used by the postprocessor. Since the femm-view screen appears
for very short time I would like to have a command to hide it and not
intervening with the screen at all (only the task bar would show it).
And similarly with the fkrn. This would be beneficial for long running
scripts. Another possibility is to implement a reload command for
postprocessor instead exiting it and closing. In this case the femm-view
would show the last position solved.
2.	A preprocessor exitpre() command ( a counterpart of
postprocessor exitpost() command) would be of little help, but it would
not hurt.
3.	A preprocessor pause() command could add a help for debugging
purposes.
4.	A preprocessor deleteselected() command would be welcomed for
some long running scripts. At present time, I need to create two
separate files to run full simulation to shorten the time from 4 hours
to 40 min. It does not hurt to have an extra file, but why have twice
that many?
5.	There is a selectgroup(n) function that cries for explanation.
In the current situation when I need to move several groups to a new
position I need to move everyone separately because it clears the
previously selected group even with the seteditmode("group") selected.
The Femm manual mentions about an "editaction" parameter that should be
used to do just that, but I could not find the way how to use it.

I think, that's all.
Any way, I am very grateful to have such program as FEMM!
Carl