Re: [femm] Re: What is the best way to model Horseshoe magnets

The magnet is indeed one piece, I guess I didn't make that clear. The corners
aren't as sharp as the models would indicate. Perhaps a better way to model it
is with wedges that do not have corners that all meet at the same point (as
shown in the attached model). If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to
hear them. This problem would be common to many magnets that don't have a
rectangular cross section.
(See attached file: Horseshoe 5.FEM)

"David Meeker" <dcm3c@xxxxxxx> on 08/15/2001 05:44:12 PM

Please respond to femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx