Re: [femm] LUA question on current density

Dave,

Just downloaded your mods, as usual just what was needed.

And thanks for the mention - I'm not sure I've done anything to deserve that!

Jim,

To modify current density just download the new version and use modify_material!

Keith.

At 09:47 24/08/01 -0400, you wrote:

Keith Gregory wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I think you may have to delete the material using
>
> delete_material("copper", ...
>
> and then put it back with a different current density using
>
> add_material("copper", .....
>
> I've never tried this but it works with circuits.
>
> Keith.

I've incorporated Robin's latest fixes, and added some of my own new new lua
functions, and uploaded it to the files section:
executables
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/files/femmsrc.zip for the source code
One of the things that this version has is the ability to modify properties,
rather than having to delete them and then totally rebuild them. I've also
updated the documentation, so these functions are described in section 5.2.9
(modify_material, modify_bound_prop, modify_point_prop, modify_circ_prop).

Other modifications:
Since it was really easy to do, I made it so that all lua functions can use
either the function naming convention with the underscores or the one without
it (e.g. modifymaterial and modify_material can be used interchangeably);
I added the "reset colors" button to the preferences (thanks to Alexander
Eigner for the suggestion);
Fixed two obscure bugs with the flux smoothing algorithm that I ran across;
Modified the lua preprocessor command analyse() so that it can take a
parameter that tells it to run in minimized mode. I also created the
alternative function name analyze() for those of us in the USA who can't spell
right...
Added the routies add_bh_point and clear_bh_points so that nonlinear materials
can be defined from scratch in a lua script (before, there was no way to
programatically build a bh curve);
I've also (hopefully) finished revising the manual to reflect all of the femm
3.1 and lua functionality.