Force at high current density

I have a question about the force on a solenoid plunger when the
metal is saturated.

Using FEMM, I've noticed at low current density the force is
proportional to the current density squared, as expected for a linear
material. As the material becomes saturated (using the non-linear BH
curve, mu->mu_0 ), the force seems to become directly proportional to
the current density (doubling J doubles the force). Is this the
general limiting relationship between force and current at high field
intensities?

TIA

-- Jim