Re: [femm] Help Eddy current in three phase induction motor

In a message dated 9/13/01 1:34:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, erdal@xxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,
I wonder while simulating a three phase induction machine, how can we take the effect of the end winding of the stator and the endring of the rotor into account? (So their leakage inductance also). Thanks.
Erdal

The program is really only meant to do problems that can be well-approximated as a 2D problem.  It's sort of tricky to include the 3D effects you are after.  I have done this in the past by using femm to identify parameters for a circuit model of the induction machine (i.e. various flux linkages).  Then, the end effects can be added into the circuit model as extra inductance and resistance in the right places.  You then get the combined effects by evaluating the circuit model.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c