LUA scripting with complex variables (Current etc.)

I am trying to write a LUA script file to output current as a
function of frequency. When I define the LUA variable equal to the
current (a complex value), the imaginary component of the current is
lost. How do I work with complex numbers in LUA? The manual does
not address this.

Alternatively, is it possible to output the real and imaginary
components of the current separately from FEMM.

I am new to LUA, so I may be missing something really basic. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Don Dabelstein