From: tborzic@xxxxxxxxx
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [femm] Re: inductance - revised axisymmetric model
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:47:04 -0000

thanx Jim, I hope that will do with The Professor.
I have one more question..

As you may see, inductance is generally my problem.
Currently i am trying to solve inductance between
two reactangular conductors, infinite lenghth, paralell.
they are standing like this - II.
Numerically, inductance for such case is:

L=(2*mi0/h)*(b+a/3)

where h-heighth,2b distance between conductors (not
between theirs centers), and a width.
so if a=0.2cm, b=0.8cm (2b = distance 1.6cm),h=2.2cm
L=9.89 e-7 H/m, while femm allways returns half of that value.
I applied 1A current for easier computing.
so, where is mistake?
thanks
tomislav