Re: [femm] file name update

Carl Kopin wrote:

> Dear Dave,
>
> when file is opened with lua script openfemmfile("filename.fem")
> function the file name in the title window bar does not change unless
> the savefemmfile("filename.fem") lua script is used. When trying to save
> this file using "file save" menu the "save as" window opens with default
> file name of the form "filename.fem.FEM".
>
> Is this intentional feature, missed minor bug, or I am missing
> something?
>
> Thanks for your program and extensive support,
> Carl

This is a bug--the program ought to update the filename that it uses
internally when you make a successful call openfemmfile. I think that this
ought to be pretty easy to fix. It ought to be as simple as changing the
line:
thisDoc->OnOpenDocument(temp)
in the luaOpenDocument function in the luadoc.cpp part of femme to something
like:
if (thisDoc->OnOpenDocument(temp)!=FALSE) thisDoc->SetPathName(temp);
This sets the file name if the document opens correctly.

Anyhow, I'll try to get around to posting an executable with the fix this
weekend. There's also a modification that I've sort of been sitting on that
seems to get around an instance where the solver for time-harmonic problems
breaks down (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/896 for some
discussion). I'll include that fix as well.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing this out.

Dave.

--------------DC37B41DBB5A9A3490DA5BC4

Carl Kopin wrote:
save
This is a bug--the program ought to update the filename that it uses internally
when you make a successful call openfemmfile.&nbsp; I think that this ought
to be pretty easy to fix.&nbsp; It ought to be as simple as changing the
line:
something like:
this weekend.&nbsp; There's also a modification that I've sort of been
sitting on that seems to get around an instance where the solver for time-harmonic
problems breaks down (see <A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/896";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/896</A>
for some discussion).&nbsp; I'll include that fix as well.

--------------DC37B41DBB5A9A3490DA5BC4--

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.foster-miller.com
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
adr:;;350 Second Avenue;Waltham;MA;02451;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
fn:David Meeker