Re: [femm] 3D Code (was Re: Linux and 3D)

Mark Smith wrote:
 Hi there,
Just a thought. I developed an electrostatic BEM solver which I built on the
back of GID ( http://gid.cimne.upc.es/index.html
<http://gid.cimne.upc.es/index.html>  ) a pre & post processor, I know it's
not free but it isn't expensive has a passable modeler, good mesher and
postprocessor with a TCL-TK extension. it allowed me to concentrate on the
solver code rather than the user interface.
This is a great user group. Thanks for FEMM.
Regards
Mark

GID does seem like a pretty good tool, but I don't want to duplicate an existing effort.  The same department that has produced GID also has people working on Emant (http://www.cimne.upc.es/emant/), a solver that works with GID.

http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker