Re: [femm] Modelling loudspeaker magnets..

Here's an example.

Dave.

emacoustics wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm kind of new to using FEMM, and am trying to model a loudspeaker
> coil/magnet assembly for my final year university project. I'm
> modelling to observe the effect the flux generated by the coil has on
> the permanent magnetic field. The model is really simple - one block
> of steel, one block of Neodinium, and one (and sometimes two) coils
> (which are represented by square blocks at present, though may get
> changed to circles) in the gap between them. My problem is in not
> understanding how to input data for magnets - I modelled the system
> with no current in the coil (and with no coil at all) expecting to
> see field lines between the neodinium and the steel, and saw
> nothing. When looking at material properties, there are lots of
> values for constants I don't understand, nor did I really understand
> the manual either. Can anybody point me in the right direction? The
> model is just to show that the coil affects the permanent field when
> a current runs through it, and by adding a seconc coil in antiphase
> this can reduce this problem.
>
> Many many thanks, I'm getting desperate!
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Mike Wheeler
> Final Year Undergraduate, BEng Mechanical Engineering
> Imperial College, London

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.foster-miller.com
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
adr:;;350 Second Avenue;Waltham;MA;02451;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
fn:David Meeker