Re: [femm] Dynamic Animations

You can make animations using FEMM but it can take some time. You need to model a sequence of steady state currents - a range of instantaneous values through a cycle of winding current. You can then animate the sequence of images produced by the post-processor. It is an ideal use for Lua scripting.

However, I am intrigued by what exactly you are trying to do. Transformers are constant flux devices (well voltage transformers are anyway) and the flux is determined by the voltage applied to the primary winding. The power output is just the power input minus the losses. You will not increase the power by putting a magnet in the middle, it would - I think - just introduce a dc offset into the core flux.

Keith.