Re: [femm] voltage gradient

smaïl mezani wrote:
Hello folks,

I am trying to compute the starting torque of an
induction motor.
When I use the "Total Current" option of "Circuit
properties" I obtain good results.
But when I impose a three phase Voltage Gradient, femm
does not do any calculation? (I attach my femm file).

I have an other question :
When calculating the torque, DC torque and 100 Hz
torque (in complex form) are displayed. So what is the
meaning of the 100 Hz complex torque?

Thank you for any comment.

It looks like the conductivity for your coil regions is assigned to be zero--if you try to apply a voltage gradient, there will be no current.

Anyhow, I suspect that this isn't really what you are after--if you are modeling wound coils, you have to stick with defining the current and specifying the conductivity to be zero--otherwise, the region where the coils are in acts like a solid bar.