Re: [femm] Re: Current

At 20:29 22/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
brian_hawes wrote:
Keith,
Thanks for the reply. My problem is thus: I have a simple simulation
of a single curent carrying ring. I have defined the current density
in the model for the copper. If I simulate at very low frequency,
such that skin and proximity effects are negligable, then the total
current, found by using the block integral feature in FemView, is
what I would expect - J x Area. Now, if I increase the frequency such
that skin and proximity effects occurr, then the total current,
measured with FemView appears to fall. I would expect, as you say,
that the total current would remain constant, and just be
redistributed.
Brian
If you define a "source current density," this is defines the current that you would get at 0 Hz.  At nonzero frequencies, in conductive regions, some of the current gets bucked by inductance.

I think I had begun to work this out looking at a similar situation to that Brian has been using. The current density seems to act in a manner similar to what would occur if a constant voltage was applied to the region  rather than a constant current. Am I on the right track or is it not this simple?

 Keith.