Memory Leak?

I'm using Femm3.2 and I'm having some problems that look like memory
leaks.
I have the following lua batch:

loop round dozens of times doing the following
open a fem file
make some small alterations
send some data to a text file
call the post processor (this routine does some integrals and then
exits the post processor)
delete the temp files

After a number of iterations (say 100-300) the femm editor hangs up
along with a slow down of the rest of the operating system (out of
memory errors while opening notepad etc)
The OS is Windows ME and it is a relatively new machine with about
256mb.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there anyway to make sure the
editor closes off one file before opening another?

Thanks and regards
Guy