RE: [femm] magnetic materials

Mapes & Sprowl Steel <www.mapessprowl.com> sells sheet iron that is fairly
close to what we used to call Armco Ingot Iron. They call it Type I
Enameling Steel. (Yes, the stuff they use to make pots and pans.) This is
one of the better bargains of purity/cost. It is 0.003% Carbon but has ~0.2%
Manganese.

ESPI, 5310 Derry Ave, Agoura, CA 91301, USA, sells several grades of "pure"
iron. Their 5N Grade is <3ppm Mn and that is the highest quoted impurity.
Unfortunately they do not quote the carbon content.

Goodfellow <www.goodfellow.com> sells a variety of 99.99+% Iron.

Good luck,

Dick

Richard T. Martin