Re: BH data

Hi Keith

The d.c. hysteresis loops cited are from manufacturers data (Telcon
Metals, Crawley, long since defunct). Presumably these would be
compiled from slow changes at a few Hz max; if not then a.c. effects
may come into play.

I am currently interested in trying to observe Barkhausen noise for
NiFe materials. I expect to use up to about 100 Hz field for this, and
believe that the spectrum of the noise will contain much information,
if it can be unravelled; early days yet. Comments are very welcome

Mike

--- In femm@xxxx, Keith Gregory <k.gregory@xxxx> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Could I ask what you mean by low frequency?
>
> Keith.
>
> At 15:30 21/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi David (Meeker) and others,
> >
> >I am trying to include Radiometal in the materials library. I have
the
> >manufacturers data for d.c. induction but it is in the form of an
initial
> >magnetisation curve. This is unlike the mumetal and supermalloy
materials
> >in the femm library, which show a high initial slope /
permeability,