Re: FEMM Vs. commercial code

--- In femm@xxxx, "TMax" <trovamax@xxxx> wrote:
> Which are main differences?

Hello,

I a new femm user . I am on the engineering side. This is what I
think.

++++++
It is free with no limitation of mesh or node .It is not a demo
version.
You have attached to this software a discussion group which is as
important as the software itself .Dealing with electromagnetic
simulation without a good theoretical support (or background) can
conduct often to false simulation or bad understanding of the
results. You will often to deal with approximation or assumption even
before starting you simulation , who will help you them ? People of
the group. The discussion group is a place you can find engineering
people and theoretical people . That is gold ! Thanks to David Meeker.
No comercial code have that !
The viewer is good . The plotter and the integrator are very
interesting to extract the results.

--
The CAD model constructor is pour . The Lua language can help you.
DXF files also ?

Hope it helps ! Try It !