RE: [femm] Export X-Y field plot?

Thanks David! I got it...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Meeker [mailto:dmeeker@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 3:12 PM
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [femm] Export X-Y field plot?

Guy, James K wrote:

> David-
>
> On that same topic, Is the x-y plot nominally oriented at x=0, y=0 ? Do I
> have to move my geometry such that the section under question is cut
> by the
> x-axis oriented at (0,0)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevan

Perhaps "X-Y plot" is a something of a misnomer--what the "X-Y plot"
really represents is the plot of some user-specified quantity along an
arbitrary user-defined contour. The x-y plot is not nominally oriented
at x=y=0. You can start and end the contour at any points that you desire.

When you then make a plot, the horizontal axis (or first column, if you
are writing the info to disk) is a length in whatever units that you
used when you drew the problem geometry. The horizontal axis always
starts from zero, and this length represents the distance along the
user-defined contour as measured from the starting point of the contour.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker