Re: [femm] Induction motor no load test

Hello,
I am not sure what exactly is your "some difficulties".
If you have queries related to drawing the section in the pre-processor then
a little practice should do! If you are thru with your model and if you have
already assigned material properties ..... then in the main Menu click on
Problem and set the frequency value to zero(for zero-slip conditions at
no-load analysis). On the Boundary Condition - if you have modelled the full
machine set the outer most trace(outer periphery of the stator frame) to a
Dirichlet Boundary(A=0). Group the stator conductors as phase belts. Assign
currents to these belts as per 3-phase convention(I presume it is a 3-phase
m/c). Click on Mesh / Create Mesh. Next Click on Analysis/Analyze. When you
are finished with the Analysis Click on Analysis / View Results.
In your next communication to the group, you may consider attaching your
model so that members could get to know where your problem is wrong !!

Prem Kumar, C

emsarch wrote:

> I'm a new user of femm. I found it very nice.
> Actually I'm trying to use it to perform no load test on induction
> motor model but I found some difficults. Someone could help me?

--------------36716A075DAA0CB7D125E43A

Hello,
then a little practice should do! If you are thru with your model and if
you have already assigned material properties ..... then in the main Menu
zero-slip conditions at no-load analysis). On the Boundary Condition -
if you have modelled the full machine set the outer most trace(outer periphery
of the stator frame) to a Dirichlet Boundary(A=0). Group the stator conductors&nbsp;
as phase belts. Assign currents to these belts as per 3-phase convention(I
presume it is a 3-phase m/c). Click on Mesh / Create Mesh. Next Click on
Analysis/Analyze. When you are finished with the Analysis&nbsp; Click on
Analysis / View Results.
your model so that members could get to know where your problem is wrong
!!

--------------36716A075DAA0CB7D125E43A--

begin:vcard
n:Kumar;C.Prem Kumar
tel;fax:+91 40 307 3820
tel;home:+91 40 775 1195
tel;work:+91 40 388 2347
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Electromagnetics Group;BHEL Corp.R&D Division
adr:;;Vikasnagar P.O,;Hyderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
version:2.1
email;internet:prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Deputy General Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25488