Re: [femm] 'block' and 'group' confussion

JATL

A block definition is used to specify the material properties of all discrete regions in a problem. For example, any regions containing air, iron, copper, etc. would EACH have their own block definition. Regions can use the same material but all regions require a block definition. Block definitions can also be used to control the mesh size in different regions of a problem.

A group is just a collection of entities that are linked together to allow operations such as copying. moving rotating etc. to be made on all of them at the same time. Any nodes, segments, arc segments or block definitions can be grouped together. Say that you are setting up a problem in which a collection of 4 nodes, 4 segments and a block definition is copied several times. Select all of the nodes hit the space bar and in the group box enter a number (say 1). Then, select all the segments hit the space bar and enter the same number in the group box, then select the block and again enter the same number in the group box. You can then select the whole group with the group button and copy the whole group as many times as you like.

Keith.
Keith.