Re: [femm] Horse shoe magnet

Hi,
eavogels wrote:
I need to make a femm model of a horse shoe magnet but I don't know how to do it since the magnetic direction is ofcource different in both ends. How should I solve this: creating a lot of small magnets in the form of a horse shoe or does someone know a better way. If someone has a sample he wants to share, please send it to

I don't think it is possible with FEMM. FEMM only solves 2-D planar and axisymmetric magnetic problems. The horseshoe is a full 3-D problem, and I can't see a way of transforming the problem even with it's lines of symmetry.

Regards
Rob