Re: [femm] Re: adding material using lua scripting

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for these precisions. Ok, It's clear
now. I didn't install the version 3.3 yet. I think
it's high time to try it now.
But for materials other than the material lib's (for
example a b-h curve from a text file) I have two ways

1)- Creating .fem file that just has this material
and then loading it at the beginning of my lua script
2)- Prealably adding this new material in the
material lib and then loading matlib.dat

Again,many thanks,
Best regards,

Tsarafidy.

--- "David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxxxxxx>"
<dmeeker@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :
---------------------------------
--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tsarafidy RAMINOSOA
<tsarafidy@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'd just have three questions :
>
> - Is there a way , using lua scripting, to add a
material that is
already in the materials library without specifying
all its properties
as with the command "addmaterial"

There currently isn't a way to directly add materials
from the
materials library from within lua. As an alternative,
you can create
a .fem file that has just the desired properties from
the materials
library. (i.e. just add these materials to the current
model and save
the file). You can then load this file at the
beginning of your lua
script using:
openfemmfile("filename.fem")

If you are running the development version 3.3, the
materials library
data is stored in the same file format as the
materials in a .fem
file. This means that you can do:
openfemmfile("c:\\progra~1\\femm33\\bin\\matlib.dat")
to load the entire materials library into the
workspace.

> - Is the lua command "addbhpoint" only usable for
materials that are
prealably specified as non linear or does it
implicitly specify the
material as a non linear one

If any BH points are defined, the material is assumed
to be nonlinear.

> - When using this command
"addbhpoint("blockname",b,h)" are b and h
vectors or should I write this command for each point
I want to enter.

You have to write this command for each point you want
to enter

http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

Terms of Service.