From: mikeshonle [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 1:44 PM
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [femm] want high-accuracy measurement of force between 2
magnets

Hi, I'm trying to measure the force vs. distance between two magnets
over the range of 3 to 3.5 inches. I have a script running, etc.,
but the final result is not monotonic and varies considerably and is
sometimes even negative.
What all can I do to increase the accuracy? Is a finer mesh more
important than the solver accuracy? What is a good minimum mesh
spacing and accuracy limit? What is the practical limit of accuracy?
Thanks,
-Mike