discontinuities in stress tensor mask in thin air

Hi, I'm trying to increase accuracy by having different regions (all
of type 'air') have different mesh spacings (starting at .005 and
then increasing by about 10% at each concentric region). However,
when I compute the force and then plot the stress tensor mask, the
lines abrubtly change direction at the boundry. I'm working on a
problem with two magnets, and I'm selecting one and doing the 'Force
via Wweighted Stress Tensor'. Is there something I'm doing wrong or
any other ideas or suggestions? I'm using version 3.3a3. And what's
a good practical upper limit on the number of mesh nodes? I seem to
start running into problems at around 350,000. Also, I would like to
thank Mr. Meeker for this excellent program.
Thanks in advance,
-Mike