Re: [femm] passing a lua script as a command-line argument

mikeshonle wrote:
Hi, I would like to run a femme lua script via "winexec", so I'm
wondering if there's some way to start femme.exe and have it load and
execute a script without user intervention (e.g. "femme -run
myscript.lua")

Thanks in advance.
-Mike

Yes, you can do this--it just isn't very well documented, I guess.  Anyhow, you can specify the Lua script that you want to run via the syntax:

femme.exe -lua-script=yourscript.lua -windowhide

The addition of -windowhide makes femme run basically like a command line application, which is probably preferable if you are just calling the program as an analysis engine from somewhere else.

Also, you might check out the Calling a FEMM analysis in a Mathematica or Matlab function example on the FEMM website.  This same approach is used to call FEMM as part of a matlab or mathematica program.

dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker