Re: Surface loss on induction motor rotors

Hello FEMM group members,

I should analyze rotor surface losses caused by
stator slot harmonics in induction machines.
Does anyone have any experience on this topic?
I intended to apply FEMM, but I afraid it cannot
be used. Any idea is welcome!

Janos Gal

You can't do the entire problem as one FEMM simulation, but you could use the program to map out the stator harmonics seen by the rotor. This information could then be used in an analytical model to derive losses. -- David Meeker email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker