Re: [femm] micrometer size dimensions

It is also possible to choose "micrometers" off the drop list as your
length units problem definition dialog that you get from selecting
"Problem" from the main menu of the preprocessor. It's last on the
list, and I guess that you have to scroll down to see it.

Dave.

Martin, Dick wrote:

I have been successfully modeling devices with dimensions of 10's to 100's
of microns. The actual dimensions are entered as fractions of millimeters
(e.g. 27 microns is entered as 0.027 mm).

The results agree very well with modeling done with Flux 3D and other
programs that have been used for years in the modeling of micron sized
devices.

Dr. Meeker has given us an excellent tool!

Regards,
Dick

Richard T. Martin
Principal Engineer