Direction of Flux

I'm a new user, so please be kind and patient.

What is the direction of B in the tutorial sample problem #1? If I
use the equation B=curl(A), it seems that it is normal or comes out
of the page. If I go by the statement in the manual that the "normal
flux (normal to a boundary) is equal to the tangential derivative of
A along a boundary," then it seems to be in the Y direction (since in
this example, A has a derivative only in the x direction).

Thanks for your help.