From: Keith Gregory [mailto:k.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 May 2003 08:20
To: femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [femm] Density plot colours and Lua

Dave,

I would agree that too many colours can look messy but a few more could be
an improvement, the range at the moment is a bit too course. MEGA and
Quickfield (I think) use 32 colours and the plots look great but it is
difficult to differentiate between some of the mid range steps, so 16 or
perhaps 24 colours might be worth trying.

On another point Dave. I notice that Lua version 5 is released. Any plans
to update?

Keith.

>There is no easy way for an end user to make the program use more than
>12 different colors for the density plots.
>
>However, there is no fundamental reason that the program couldn't be
>changed to use more colors--it would be relatively easy to change the
>source so that there were, for example, 16 colors instead of 12. I
>just thought that things looked too busy with a lot more colors. I
>suppose that I could change the code so that there is more of a
>continuous-looking distribution of colors if there is a really strong
>feeling about it.
>
>Dave.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.